Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bulgogi Beef

Since being here in Korea, I have been extremely hesitant on trying the food here. Unlike my husband, I just can't dive into the many unknown plates of whatever, that's placed on the tables at many Korean restaurants.
I have managed to find a few dishes that I can honestly say are pretty good. Today I introduce you to Bulgogi Beef.
Bulgogi Beef is thin slices sirloin marinated in soy sauce, sesame oil, black pepper, garlic, onions, ginger, and sugar. Typically grilled, Bulgogi beef can also be panned fried.
Many Koreans pair this with a side of Kimchi. Me, I'll take mine on a leaf (keep an eye out for my "Beef and Leave" post) and a side of white rice. Yummmmmm

Sound good? Judge for yourself! I found an awesome recipe from TriFood.com.

Recipe Ingredients
  • 1 lb thinly sliced beef (sirloin or rib eye)
  • 5 tbsp sugar
  • ½ cup soy sauce
  • 2 buds finely chopped garlic (can be crushed but remove buds before serving)
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • 5 tbsp Mirin (sweet sake, optional)
  • 2 tbsp sesame oil
  • 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
  • 1 cup split green onions
  • 2 cups thinly sliced carrots (optional)
Cooking Directions
  1. Mix all ingredients except carrots. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
  2. Cook over medium high heat until meat is just short of desired completion.
  3. Add carrots and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
  4. Serve with rice. 
Enjoy!!!!
Oh, I almost forgot, Burger King and Mc Donald's also have their own version of bulgogi. Both restaurants have a bolgogi burger. I tried both and McD wins hands down!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment